Mr. Niazi, has begun discussions with the basti folks to ascertain their needs, the needs of the children, and how best to get the funding for this project, so that the project has a chance to be approved by the Chacklala Cantonment Board and for its successful completion.
The basti residence are initially reluctant to engage with the project, for fear that it will not get off the ground, and also because, they do not want to get their hopes up as well as the hopes of the children. The theme of the questions raised were along the lines of;
- “Why would you want to help us?”
- “No one cares about our welfare, so why would the Chacklala Cantonment Board approve this project?”
- “Who will pay for this?”
- “How long will it take to complete this project?”
- “Will the playground be secured?”
- “Who will maintain the toilets/rubbish disposal area/playground/library?”
- “Who will pay for the electricity/internet access, for the internet facilities?”
Mr. Niazi explained how he hopes to fund the project and phases, the generous people who have pledged to donate time/money/expertise for the project as well as the assistance of the Chacklala Cantonment Board in the successful completion of the project.
Once their fears, and questions were answered to their satisfaction, they proceeded to give their blessings to Mr. Niazi to commence the project plan and get approval.